ArrayFire is now opensource!!
So I wanted to install and test it on my computer. Since they don’t yet have the installer for the opensource version, I had to build it from source. Normally for me, this isn’t an issue.
I went through the installation instruction on github/arrayfire for linux OS. Since I’ve been mostly using CUDA, I decided to only build it with CUDA and not openCL. Everything went alright until about the 73% mark. It turned out that on the particular machine I was on, apparently “ipv6 broken at googlecode.com” so after I temporarily disabled it.
sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
After this, I also faced the following error:
svn: Working copy ‘/myrepo/repodirectory’ locked
svn: run ’svn cleanup’ to remove locks (type ’svn help cleanup’ for details)
I had to do a lot of “svn cleanups” and finally, everything decided to work!!
The tests all passed. Now I can mess around arrayfire on my machine. Time to learn and actually get some work done!!!